If you are a horse lover, history buff, or just want to have an incredible experience of a lifetime – this is your place! Not your typical nose to tail ride – but an authentic ride with Cowboys and Cowgirls, across our thousands of acres of Texas Land! We are also conveniently located for travelers who are traveling Route 66 and I-40.
- We ride daily at beautiful Los Cedros Ranch- located on the rim of breathtaking Palo Duro Canyon- site of game-changing, historical events of the Old West.
- Our staff of Cowboys and Cowgirls are highly knowledgeable and experienced – they are the real deal!
- Our ranch offers stunning views and a variety of terrains and skills for every rider’s experience level.
- Our horses are American Quarter Horses and working cattle horses, well-mannered & healthy!
- Our horse tack and other equipment is of the highest quality. Most are custom made Oliver’s Saddles*. (*Oliver’s Saddle Shop is located in Amarillo, Texas and is the oldest family owned saddlery in Texas -and that’s good!)
We are mindful of our area temperatures, and offer riding experiences year round – weather permitting, of course. We know when temperatures are safe and comfortable for riding. Our Palo Duro Canyon ranch offers a variety of terrains and wind breaks that provide protection – even on windy days. So don’t worry – if you want to ride, we will select a time and day for you to ride!
Select from a variety of popular rides:
1 hour family horseback riding experience (must have 3 or more people)
This is our most gentle ride and designed for families with children. With instruction and saddling – there is approximately 40 minutes in the saddle. $69.00 Per Person, plus Texas State Tax
2 hour horseback riding experience (includes snack and beverage)
This ride is designed for folks who want to hear a bit of history and to see beautiful views of the canyon breaks and Palo Duro Canyon. With instruction and saddling – approximately 1.75 hours in the saddle. *This is our most popular ride. $89.00 Per person, plus Texas State Tax
Friday, Sunset, Happy Hour Horseback Ride
For the dates of Friday, August 25, 2017, September 1, 2017, September 8, 2017, September 15, 2017
LIMITED OFFERING ONLY.
Enjoy riding an incredible American Quarter Horse on Los Cedros Ranch, overlooking spectacular Palo Duro Canyon.
Ride begins at 6p.m. and concludes at 8p.m.
3 1/2 hour horseback riding experience (includes light meal)
This is a true historic and western experience, with approximately 2.75 hours in the saddle. This ride is designed for celebrating couples, and people who want to experience a little more of everything in the saddle and in The West. Top off your ride with a light meal sitting next to a historic Chuckwagon. The extras are absolutely worth it! $169.00 Per person, plus Texas State Tax
Alternate add-on activities available for non-riders, accompanying horseback riders (hiking, photography options, and ranch touring.) $25 per hour, per person, plus Texas State Tax
We also take special requests! Let us know what you are wanting and we will do our best to accommodate you! Email Phyllis for further information.
Your safety and enjoyment is our first priority
Cowgirls and Cowboys in the West maintains a safety-first policy. We want your riding experience to be enjoyable and memorable.
For safety and courtesy of others, we strictly maintain the following Ranch Rules:
- Be timely for your ride. Because your ride will be scheduled for a certain time frame, your time in the saddle will be cut short to accommodate your tardiness. If you are over 15 minutes late, we will leave the barn and we will not be provided a refund. Allow 30 minutes travel time from most Amarillo hotels and 40 minutes from Canyon Hotels.
- Wear proper attire. No shorts, capris, tank tops, or inappropriate riding shoes. Because we are on a ranch in brushy terrain, it is important that you wear long sleeves shirt (preferably cotton) and denim, or cotton pants. Leather soled, cowboy boots are preferred. If you must wear rubber soled shoes, please make sure that the soles are not thicker than 1/2 inch to fit into the stirrups. No flip flops or athletic “glove shoes” are allowed. Your attire is critically important to your safety.
- Ride with courtesy and safety. Our Cowgirls and Cowboys are skilled horsemanship professionals. They know riding, horses, and the ranch. They will provide you with horsemanship instructions and give you a glimpse into the world of a Cowboy, Cowgirl, Cow Horses, Cattle – and the History West. We know our horses, we know the land, and we know riding for safety. Please make sure that you listen, and comply with our instruction. We reserve the right to send you “back to the barn” if you pose a threat to the other riders or horses, with your attitude or actions. (it’s only happened once, but we felt the need to let you know upfront)
We reserve the right to modify ride to accommodate skill levels of riders, weather and land conditions.
- Children must be 7 and older to ride individually.
- For smaller children, we offer buddy saddle riding with your group or rides in round pen.
- We do not allow double riding.
- For your safety and the safety of our horses there is a weight limit of 250 lbs. per rider.
- Absolutely inform us of any special needs individuals that will be participating in the rides- we may need to make special provisions.
- Tardy riders will be charged, so plan ahead, and be timely!
Rated #1 on Tripadvisor for Amarillo activities.
*Cowgirl Fitness Tip: 250 calories are burned for every hour of general horseback riding. Gotta Love it!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (806) 672-9256